The Middle Eastern Immigrant and Refugee Alliance (MIRA) is seeking a full-time Arabic-speaking Benefit Case Worker to provide case management for immigrants and refugees.
- Provide translation and interpretation between English and Arabic as needed.
- Translation and assistance with utilities and other service providers.
- Assist clients in choosing health insurance and changing Primary Care Providers
- Applications for Senior and public Housing
- Redetermination and new Applications for SNAP and Medicaid, and Medicare.
- Referrals for services that aren’t provided by our organization.
- Assist clients in Unemployment insurance.
- Assist clients in applying for jobs
- Assist case managers and other IMAS staff as needed.
- Other case management services as needed–including but not limited to—assistance signing up for and understanding utility services, change of address, providing information on transportation, health care, and other services.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- Fluency in Arabic and English spoken and written communication
- At least 1 year Case Management experience or equivalent
- Demonstrable proficiency with Salesforce or other databases
- Experience with or willingness to learn about the Middle Eastern refugee and immigrant experience
- Commitment to working with clients from a variety of religious, national and ethnic backgrounds
- Commitment to working as part of a collaborative team
- Flexibility and a sense of humor (IMPORTANT)
- Authorization to work in the US (MIRA does not have the capacity to sponsor work visas)
- A car, insurance, and a valid driver’s license
This is a full time position at $35,000 annually, with health insurance covered at 80% of monthly premium. This is a grant – funded position, with the possibility of extension based on future grants. The position will begin as soon as possible in August 2020. The position will be initially remote, with transition to in-office work as current pandemic situation resolves.
Interested applicants *must* send a CURRENT RESUME and 1 PAGE COVER LETTER outlining their interest and qualifications by email to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No calls!